Wednesday 8 January 2014

Social Fiction Project- Kathy's Scarves

http://instagram.com/caitlingraham11/

Social Fiction Account

@scarf_girl10
http://instagram.com/scarf_girl10

Kathy's Scarves


My name is Kathy and I am in love with scarves. Scarves are the one thing that I collect. I will wear and collect any type of scarf. It can be an infinity scarf or just a normal kind of scarf. I love all kinds of scarves but I think my personal favourite are infinity scarves. They are more comfy and appealing for me! I remember the first time I got my first scarf.  
I got my first scarf as my birthday present for my 5th birthday. My mom told me she would take me shopping and i could pick out whatever I wanted for my birthday. When I arrived at the mall with my mom we were walking around and she took me into this big, bright store with lots of different items in it. We were wandering around the store searching for something nice I would like to buy. I was looking and touching everything I possibly could in the store. this store was so fascinating to me. As I was walking with my mother I noticed this beautiful scarf on this mannequin. I was mesmerized by it. It was dark blue with black polkadots.  I remember getting my moms attention and showing her what a beautiful scarf it is. I told her that I really really wanted it. she told me it was really pretty but I should keep looking to make sure it was  what I really wanted.  So we kept looking through the store and at the end my mother asked me if I knew what I wanted and I told her the blue scarf. Nothing really caught my eye like that blue polka dotted scarf did! So my mother went and took the blue scarf off the mannequin and bought it for me. 

As I grew older I have found many different scarves that I have fallen in love with. They just make every outfit complete. I don’t feel like I am fully dressed unless I have a scarf on. Scarves for me are like everyone else wearing shoes, its a requirement for them, they put them on everyday and wouldn't go anywhere with out them. I wear one everyday. Every time I go shopping I usually buy a scarf. I always find one that I like and always have to buy. My boyfriend knows that he has to buy me scarves for christmas or my birthday. He bought me this one scarf, it is a wool maroon scarf and I wear it alllll the time! I love it because it is so warm and cozy but I really love it because he picked it out and bought it specially for me. There is this other scarf that I really love because my best friend bought it for me! Part of the scarf is grey and the other part is white and the scarf has thin maroon stripes on it. I wear it all the time. It is my second favourite scarf. I like to think i was  the one who got my friends wearing scarves. Even though I have a huge collection of scarves, I never would have started collecting them if it wasn't for my wonderful mother. She was the one who let me choose that wonderful blue polka dotted scarf back on my 5th birthday. To this day I still have that scarf and will always keep it as a reminder to why I started wearing and collecting scarves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment